Deep in the south lies one of the fastest rising artists painting pictures of the streets and how to overcome it. Going by the name of Tonii Boii, the Orlando, Florida native has seen his sharp flows garner him more and more attention throughout the south and abroad. As 2018 comes to a close we sat to speak with the rapper and reflect on his strong year, his latest single “Right or Wrong”, his beginnings in rap and a lot more.
Take me back to the day you decided to be a rapper. What clicked in your head that day that made you go forth with it?
– I was watching the jukebox when i was a jitt and i think Tupac video came on. Pac had my head fucked up since then.
Coming from Florida we see a lot of people out of your state make it nationwide. That being said, are there any rappers from the area that may not be known nationally that you are a fan of?
– I fuck with Loosekannon TakeOff, Rodwave
If you could collaborate with any one artist dead or alive who would it be and why?
– Tupac. That nigga was a artist, he painted a picture. You could see what he was talking bout vividly. He also spoke like a prophet..like his lyrics came to life.
As far as the song goes it’s a bit of different mode for you. You typically place a focus on your bars, but on Right or Wrong it’s much more melodic. Do you think this is something we will see more in your music in the future?
– Maybe..it really depends on how the fans catch it.
If you were stuck on a deserted island and could have 3 albums with you which 3 would you choose and why?
– 1. Trick Daddy – www.thug.com 2.Tupac – All Eyez On Me 3. T.I. – Urban Legend. Do you hear the niggas word plays on their shit? Them niggas goats forreal.
As 2018 comes to a close what are you most proud of accomplishing in the past 12 months?
– I’m proud to be able to provide for my kids…even tho I’ve accomplished a lot I don’t feel like I’ve accomplished enough..I still ain’t rich!
What is your favorite part of being an artist? I know some people love creating the music, some love performing. What does it for you?
– Creating music is what does it for me…I love performing too though.
Do you have any regrets in your life? If so what are they?
– I regret not finishing school. I also regret getting in the system …the Judicial system.
What should fans be on the lookout for from you in the near future?
– Pressure…Got new music dropping real soon…Paid In Full 2 Mixtape on the way..
What’s something you want to see more of in the world?
– I want to see more unity…and I definitely would like to see more money.
If you could create one law everyone has to follow what would it be and why?
– ALL MEN MUST TAKE CARE OF YA KIDS & IF YOU DON’T YOUR SENTENCE SHOULD BE DEATH
When it’s all said and done for you what would you like your lasting legacy to be?
– For my kids to follow me in providing, hustling, etc..just basically always trying to make a way and staying a hunnid while doing so
Any last words to leave the readers with?